Tonys 75gl Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a MP40 on my 75 as well. I absolutely love that thing!! If it's your first one, get ready for the fun of playing with the modes!

Yeah, I'm excited to dig into it, gotta wait till Christmas b/c it's a gift but still looking forward to it

Great build and questions. Answers a bunch of questions I had. Get the 6 Line last I heard, because ity may be aggressive.

Great build and questions. Answers a bunch of questions I had. Get the 6 Line last I heard, because ity may be aggressive.

And I didn't get a six like I got a mystery wrasse.He's awesome! This past week I went from Bristol worms everywhere and now I can't find any. Right now he just hunts my pods (and worm still I guess) in the dark and it's pretty cool to watch him catch them in the rocks

Hooked up the MP 40 today. I like it very much but didn't get to play with it too much.

I have it set on "lagoon" mode right now. I will have mostly LPS and a few SPS but not much when all said and done. Any suggestions on modes or settings for this?

I have an aussi pink hammer on the way also. Ordered it from a LFS.

My pink hammer order has yet to come so I guess that idea is thrown out but my new torch seems to like his new spot and the MP 40

image-3810144587.jpg

How well is your Coralife Cone Skimmer 150 performing........I've almost talked myself into buying one. It has the right foot print for my sump.

I like it. Pulls out a lot but its all I've owned so no real comparison

Went to a new LFS about an hour from my house today and picked up a few new zoas. One in particular I may have got a TREMENDOUS deal on.

As far as I can tell the are "fruity pebble zoas" (zoanthids.com) and I got about 45polyps for $30. He told me they were rare and from Australia but if that's what they are, guess that's my new store for corals. Lol

This aiptasia has been living in my Spare tank for a good month now all by itself

image-2560489648.jpg

Think I got a nice surprise here... Found a blue tuxedo urchin in my tank as a HITCH HIKER! Tiny but probably one of the coolest finds I've herd of and experienced

image-64335031.jpg

image-2333259963.jpg

Lol... Wasn't planning on getting one but he can stay as long as he lives :)

Amy one know much about AI Vega and/ SOL fixtures?
I won't be able to upgrade till maybe this summer but was looking at these b/c they are supposed to be coming out with similar controllability to the Radions.
Getting to the point, how's their customer service? And I know they are modular but has anyone herd of having to replace the bulbs on these before 6-7 years?

Picked up some new pieces today...

Mars red planet and some paly, can anyone i.d. Them?

image-506388930.jpg

Thank you.. They look more like reds but just a very dull color I guess.

I've been getting a lot of brown on my sand for a few months now, could it be my salt?

I'm using Red Sea coral pro and it looks similar to the brown in the bucket. This was not happening until I hit about midway down and started roughly the time I switched salts.

Does this growth look about normal for my birds of paradise:

Jan.

image-1658783282.jpg

Mid. April

image-3715772290.jpg

My red planet and purple Monti cap. are about to meet... What should I do?

image-2726072299.jpg

Haven't posted anything in a while so I figured I'd put up a picture of my new babies, lol

image-3473423273.jpg

Back
Top Bottom