Tonys 75gl Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just requested a white tail bristletooth tang for my system so hopefully in the next month or two I will be able to show him off but I know how many people are still waiting on theirs from LA so I won't get my hopes up :/

Any one know what these are?

image-1045866354.jpg

image-2543502881.jpg

And I was wondering how to care for my xena

image-3178396419.jpg

Those are pineapple sponges. Harmless filter feeders. I have tons in my sump and overflow. As far as the Xenia, I don't do anything special with mine other than cutting it back from time to time.

My coral Skelton has been growing further down each head but when should I expect a 3red branch? When they meet?

Moonlight shot with my house lights on

image-1153156357.jpg

My 1st SPS coral

image-1888172737.jpg

Any tips on this guy? Do you think it looks healthy?

Looks to be a red Monti Cap. It's a plating coral that will grow relatively quickly, so you will want to have permanent placement for it soon, as it will encrust quickly from my experience. Looks to me like it has some growth already too which is a good sign it's healthy. The white rim going around it is actually new growth. Nice pick up!!

Yep. Montipora capricornis. I have a green one. They like moderate to high lighting. mine seems to be doin well in moderate flow. And the edges turning white means it's growing. Great buy! :)

Mr. D said:
Okay, thanks

Lil advise in xenia it grows like crazy and can quickly take over i grow mine on the side glass this way its easy to harvest the the red monti is also fast grower one thing to think about is as it plates it will shade whatever is under it i put mine near bottom so it wont shade and kill other coral this depends on lighting tho just my 2¢

Thanks guys, hope it takes off.

My Xenia has been giving me probels. It's been staying drawn back, think it could be to much flow for it?

Anyone know a few fish that will most likely eat Bristol worms, I know 6-lines but are they mean? And how much?

Okay, I have a melanarus wrasse also but he is a good size now, you think they will fight?

Idk how but my male clown jumped out last night through my egg crate top :'( . I would like to replace him soon with another type of clown.

My current clown is about 2inch I'd say and they were a mated pair. Is it possible to "re-mate" this fish with a mocha or Ausi B&W?

Picked up a yellow fin flasher wrasse today :) pics to come tomorrow

image-2420392568.jpg

Sorry about the dirty dirty glass. He was laying down earlier for like 20min so I spot fed him and he got right up. Is this normal behavior

Beautiful wrasse, the one that I had played dead a lot when I first got him. He ended up jumping out of the tank after about 6 months.

Yeah, when they're not comfortable yet, they'll. either bury themselves or lay on bottom.

My branching hammer has been slitting from 2 heads to 4 and I've been seeing this recently and not sure what it means or normal.

image-2600032458.jpg

Back
Top Bottom