Two Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SuperFish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have two questions. Any help will be greatly appreciated. 1 - what is the best additive for live rock (brand & product)?

2 - What is the best mixture of snails to clean a 29 gallon tank with 35 pounds LR & a DSB, and should i get a cleaner shrimp?

Thanks.

Hi Superfish, not sure what you mean by additive, but as far as the snails, in our 29 we have a mixture of turbos and Astreas, the Astreas seem to be able to get in the smaller areas just don't move as fast as the turbos, we are also looking on getting a couple Cerith snails. We have a cleaner shrimp in our 29 and in our 40 which we have seen in action before with the fish, pretty cool to watch them pick off the parasites off the fish.

Good luck with your tank :D

Thanks Salt4us,
By additives i mean all of these liquid supplements that are supposed to help coralline algea. (Kent - Essential Elements)

Oh, well I'm sure someone else will chime in here, but we never used any on ours, the coraline in our tank just came naturally I guess, although some was already on the rock when we bought it, and our 40 gallon didn't have any until we introduced some crabs and snails that had it already on their shells and that got it going in there. I have heard of some people buying some coraline to get it started in their tanks but have never done it myself. :)

If all your trying to provide for is LR, then regular water changes will keep up with the CA and ALK demands of the rock, which is all that is needed for coraline growth.

Back
Top Bottom