Urchins?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maria819

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi! I'm wondering if anyone can give me some info on urchins. I absolutely love them and definitely want one. I currently have a 40gal breeder with 3 Astrea snails and 2 Bangaii Cardinals. I'm thinking at some point about adding a royal gamma and have no idea what else. It'll be some time before I add anything since I just added my BCs this week. Are there any urchins that would be okay in my tank? It's fowlr now. No corals. I'm not sure if there will be or not. Any stocking ideas and/or urchin info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Urchins are cool! But if you plan on keeping corals and such, keep this in mind.. they are like Velcro bulldozers. They poop little pellets everywhere. Mine got removed cause it would pick up random corals and knock the rest over. Great for Fowler, not so great for a reef. That's just my opinion.

Secure your corals and your good they are bulldozers. Oh and if you hate coralline algae go a head and get one. Mine strips the corralline away. I can add a real nice purple rock and as soon as it is in there he goes straight for it. And it becomes a faded purple and white one. Love him though he is pretty cool

I don't have any corals and I'm really not sure if I would in this tank. If I did it'd be something very easy like mushrooms or Kenya trees. I'm more curious about their compatibility with other fish. Can their diet be supplemented with dry seaweed/algae to try and curb the coralline eating? How about some stocking suggestions too lol!

Hi! I'm wondering if anyone can give me some info on urchins. I absolutely love them and definitely want one. I currently have a 40gal breeder with 3 Astrea snails and 2 Bangaii Cardinals. I'm thinking at some point about adding a royal gamma and have no idea what else. It'll be some time before I add anything since I just added my BCs this week. Are there any urchins that would be okay in my tank? It's fowlr now. No corals. I'm not sure if there will be or not. Any stocking ideas and/or urchin info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

I guess I should've mentioned that the urchin I'm thinking about is a tuxedo urchin!

Back
Top Bottom