Urgent!! Stocking my 30 gallon.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heera

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi everyone,
My friend is moving away. He been trying to sell his fish and rock for a month. He have sold most of the rock in 60 gallon and fish. Person buying his tank is turning into freshwater so don't want the fish.

He is moving tomorrow and he wants me to take these. He tried LFS knowing he is moving they wanted all for free.

But this is what remains.

Naso tang 2", Yellow tang-2", royal gramma-2", 3 chromis and Mandarin goby.

He wants $50 for all.

My problem is that my tank is only 30 gallons. With 2 clowns and 1 chromis.

I will keep the ad at craigslist and try to find homes for them and call all the local people I know with tanks. If they want to buy or even house them for a while..

But in the next few weeks. What do I do? Can I put them all in there??

I do have a spare 20 gallon tank I think I will set that up to. Than what do I put in what tank.

Plz help, if any of u in my area let me know. I am in Vancouver, Canada.

The tangs will be ok for a SHORT time try to get credit at the LFS for them, mabey set the 20 up and split the tangs to help reduce stress The mandarin is gona be the hardest to keep happy Good idea to keep the ad going

Got a buyer for mandarin goby. Thanks God I was so worried for her. He will pick up tonight.
After acclimating I have added:

Mandarin goby (sold)$5
Yellow tang,has white line on side is that normal.
cleaner warase,
2 green chromis, I blue chromis(1inch each)
royal gramma.

Added tomato clown to 2nd tank. Can I put him in main too.?

Already had 2 clownfish small, I green chromis.

hate low ballers. Someone called for tang for $5.

Is there anything I can keep???? Or sell all

The tang will have to go, sadly. :-( The chromis might be ok and the tomato clown should probably go as well. Not sure about the cleaner wrasse, I heard they were difficult to keep but I could be mistaken on that. I would keep the gramma, great little fish there, I loved mine, doesnt need a huge tank either.

The chromis are really small, royal gramma I will keep.

I will look more into the cleaner warase,

Oh I loved the tang! So beautiful.

And got I guess hammer coral and zoa frag too.

Attachments

• image-244624816.jpg
    image-244624816.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 184
  • image-1451699725.jpg
    image-1451699725.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 177
  • image-3219943483.jpg
    image-3219943483.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 193
Everything is doing ok.

But.. I got up this morning and can't find cleanser wrasse. He did eat flake food last night and was very active. I put the food in everyone came out but no sign of wrasse. I looked around the tank for jumping nothing.. Can't find him in the tank either......
What could have happen to him..????

Is he in your filter maybe? Or maybe he burrowed under the sand? Iknow they are jumpers though, have you checked all around the tank?

Perplexing...part of the reason I havent gone with wrasses, I'd be fearful they'd jump out. He's gotta be somewhere though...it stinks but have you ripped apart the rock work? he may be a VERY good hider..

Wow he is out and about now. No idea where he was. See my tank now... Looks cool eh! Too bad can't keep it like this..

How u like it?

Attachments

• image-2212521113.jpg
    image-2212521113.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 179
  • image-2611188735.jpg
    image-2611188735.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 174
  • image-975518907.jpg
    image-975518907.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 153
Gramma looks great in there, and I have to admit the tang looks good too. BUT we know the deal with him sadly. You did a good thing taking in those fish and rehoming them. Its admirable and was the right thing to do.

Yes, I got two options.

rehome them. I did get few call for tang. They will come on the weekend. Let's see how it goes.

How big of a tank do I need to keep what I have??? I can try looking at craigslist if I get lucky.

Another concern I have is ammonia.

Wouldn't it cause the tank to cycle again because I have added all this at once?

Also have a rock with hair algae on it came with fish.

Good or bad? To place in my tank.
Is nori good for feeding to the tang ( where i get it fron) or flakes just fine?

Heera said:
Yes, I got two options.

rehome them. I did get few call for tang. They will come on the weekend. Let's see how it goes.

How big of a tank do I need to keep what I have??? I can try looking at craigslist if I get lucky.

Another concern I have is ammonia.

Wouldn't it cause the tank to cycle again because I have added all this at once?

I think the yellow tang requires about 125gallons.

Yeah, a 125 is the smallest 6 foot tank I think thats a normal size. :-( Isn't he wonderful to watch? I hope you get lucky and ambitious to get a bigger tank if you can swing it. That would be the perfect solution in a perfect world.

Youre keeping the chromis right? cause i think you can swing them in there. The tang has a large bioload so I'd monitor the tank for a few days and make sure you don't have a spike.

Back on the cleaner wrasse, they have some very funky behaviour and are often MIA. Mine would wedge himself inbetween rock crevices just before lights out. In the morning before lights on, he would have mysteriously vanished! Then as the lights turn on, he appears!

They also wrap themselves in a mucus "cocoon" for protection from the rocks they wedge themselves in. Some days I would see what could only be described as a "slime ball" floating around the tank.
Very Interesting!

Carey, Ur right! yellow tang is awesome.
Someone came today for the tang almost sold him too. When I asked him his tank size he said 40gallons. So I refused.

But he bought my anemone ($10) for his tomato Clown. I was worried everyday for it. It's a relief.

Yes u have decided to keep chromis and royal gramma.
Going to sell yellow tang and cleaner wrasse.
Don't think I can Handle 125g. Up to 50-75g max.

carey said:
Yeah, a 125 is the smallest 6 foot tank I think thats a normal size. :-( Isn't he wonderful to watch? I hope you get lucky and ambitious to get a bigger tank if you can swing it. That would be the perfect solution in a perfect world.

Youre keeping the chromis right? cause i think you can swing them in there. The tang has a large bioload so I'd monitor the tank for a few days and make sure you don't have a spike.

I did get my water tested today:
Ammonia, nitrite -0
Nitrate>5.
Ph-8.2
salinity 1.024. Temp 80f.
Calcium-450ppm

I will do 10%water change every 3 days just to be safe.

Back
Top Bottom