water change after cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep. After the cycle you should have high nitrates so a large water change is in order. Then you are able to add fish slowly. :)

IMO, you should do a complete water change, if possible. If not, then as large a change as you can manage. As Carey states, your nitrates will probably be very high, and you want to export as much as you can before you begin adding livestock.

Thanks.
Right now my ammonia is almost 0...nitrites are 5ppm, and nitrates are 15ppm. Hi Carey. Thanks for all of your advice. Finally got my tank started. Have you ever been to Sea in the city ? Great people over there. Lots of friendly advice as well..Here's a picture of my tank. Can't wait to get some fish in. One more question..I started to notice a film on the water. Is pointing the power heads up the only way to get rid of it ?

Attachments

• tank 007.jpg
    tank 007.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 70
If you still have nitrites, your cycle is not yet complete...... Shouldn't be long!!!

What are you using for the ammo source? If it's raw shrimp, the film is mostly likely from the decay.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom