Water clearity question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbecher

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all,

I have a quick question regarding water clearity. I seem to have alot of "things" floating around in my water, nothing really big just some misc dustlike particles and whatnot.

I'm planning on getting a Aquaclear 100 HOB filter to turn into a HOB refuge, but I was wondering about running just carbon in it first for about a week. Would this clear up my water a bit? Thanks!

running carbon can help add clarity to the way your water looks, yes. Some people run it constantly, some people use it for a few days a month to "polish" the water.

If you actually have real particulate in your water, though, you'll need to consider some type of mechanical filtration to capture that too.

Perhaps running the AQ 100 in its filter mode till the water clears up a bit and then convert it into the fuge? I'd expect that it woiulden't take long to clear the water up. I appreciate the help Neilanh!

yeah that's not a bad idea. If it is fine particulate that you have, using filter floss in the hob will clear it up quite quickly, in my experience.

Back
Top Bottom