Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 02-11-2013, 12:24 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
kwandrsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nunnelly Tennessee
Posts: 2,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwandrsn View Post
I have read that they can be bad but usually when they run out of food they die off and disappear
Read they have a pretty powerful sting as well. I'm glad I didn't reach in and brush them off like I was going to
Should I make a point of knocking them off the glass and stuff or just let them do their thing?
__________________

__________________
kwandrsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:01 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
kwandrsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nunnelly Tennessee
Posts: 2,072
I'm just a little worried my clownfish sleep right next to the heater and my heater is covered in them.will they hurry my fish?
__________________

__________________
kwandrsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:50 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
apet66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwandrsn View Post
I'm just a little worried my clownfish sleep right next to the heater and my heater is covered in them.will they hurry my fish?
I'd say if a clown fish can withstand the tentacles of an anemone those little guys shouldn't pose much of a threat to them.
__________________
apet66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:52 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
apet66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwandrsn View Post

Should I make a point of knocking them off the glass and stuff or just let them do their thing?
I would suck them off the glass with a piece of air tube.
__________________
apet66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
kwandrsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nunnelly Tennessee
Posts: 2,072
I figured when I go do a water change I'll try to get them. If they will disappear when they have no more food, I guess I may as well leave them so they get it ate quicker lol. There are hundreds
__________________
kwandrsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
apet66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwandrsn View Post
I figured when I go do a water change I'll try to get them. If they will disappear when they have no more food, I guess I may as well leave them so they get it ate quicker lol. There are hundreds
Lol, glad your not in panic mode about it today. That link I posted actually has a few other things you have in there.
__________________
apet66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
kwandrsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nunnelly Tennessee
Posts: 2,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by apet66 View Post

Lol, glad your not in panic mode about it today. That link I posted actually has a few other things you have in there.
yep I looked at them
__________________

__________________
kwandrsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.