what are these and are they bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some are hydroids, others are isopods and such. Nothing to worry about as a new tank will have populations of interesting creatures rise and fall in the first few months.

I have read that they can be bad but usually when they run out of food they die off and disappear
Read they have a pretty powerful sting as well. I'm glad I didn't reach in and brush them off like I was going to

Some are hydroids, others are isopods and such. Nothing to worry about as a new tank will have populations of interesting creatures rise and fall in the first few months.

All the info I have read is the same. Looks harmless.

I have read that they can be bad but usually when they run out of food they die off and disappear
Read they have a pretty powerful sting as well. I'm glad I didn't reach in and brush them off like I was going to

Should I make a point of knocking them off the glass and stuff or just let them do their thing?

I'm just a little worried my clownfish sleep right next to the heater and my heater is covered in them.will they hurry my fish?

I'm just a little worried my clownfish sleep right next to the heater and my heater is covered in them.will they hurry my fish?

I'd say if a clown fish can withstand the tentacles of an anemone those little guys shouldn't pose much of a threat to them.

I figured when I go do a water change I'll try to get them. If they will disappear when they have no more food, I guess I may as well leave them so they get it ate quicker lol. There are hundreds

I figured when I go do a water change I'll try to get them. If they will disappear when they have no more food, I guess I may as well leave them so they get it ate quicker lol. There are hundreds

Lol, glad your not in panic mode about it today. That link I posted actually has a few other things you have in there.

Back
Top Bottom