Are they platinum dragon koi?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nashihoude

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I like these koi fish, they are gentle and shimming, which platinum koi them are? It seems they have the long fin:fish2:

xISckNv.jpeg

The koi is platinum and have the fins that seem longer than the normal one, and the tails are larger than the normal koi fish. But they are not the butterfly koi.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like these koi fish, they are gentle and shimming, which platinum koi them are? It seems they have the long fin:fish2:

xISckNv.jpeg

The koi is platinum and have the fins that seem longer than the normal one, and the tails are larger than the normal koi fish. But they are not the butterfly koi.
The term " Butterfly" just refers to the long finned trait so the two terms mean the same thing. A long fin is a Butterfly and a butterfly is a long fin. Since the long fin gene is present and that trait means the fins are going to continue growing throughout the fish's life, you may just be looking at a younger fish whose fins haven't grown much or one where the gene is weak and the fins are only going to grow slowly so the fish looks misshapen due to a large fish not having really long flowing fins. I'd try contacting the owner of these fish and ask their age. That will give you a better idea which it is. (y)

You should check the water quality and pH. One of the fish appears to have red lines in the tail, which is usually linked to poor water quality or a low pH.

You should check the water quality and pH. One of the fish appears to have red lines in the tail, which is usually linked to poor water quality or a low pH.

Thank you, but they are not in my tank

The term " Butterfly" just refers to the long finned trait so the two terms mean the same thing. A long fin is a Butterfly and a butterfly is a long fin. Since the long fin gene is present and that trait means the fins are going to continue growing throughout the fish's life, you may just be looking at a younger fish whose fins haven't grown much or one where the gene is weak and the fins are only going to grow slowly so the fish looks misshapen due to a large fish not having really long flowing fins. I'd try contacting the owner of these fish and ask their age. That will give you a better idea which it is. (y)

Thank you. So they maybe the young platinum butterfly koi fish? that's cool

It is a bit quaint when I search the butterfly koi fish, I can't the one exactly like this one.

Back
Top Bottom