What is my clown doing??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paulr

Aquarium Advice Activist
Tank has been going for 7 weeks. Have a damsel and 2 clowns. The one clown has good color and swims all over the place. He likes to play in the sand a lot but i noticed he sometimes does this odd thing where it looks like he is having a seizer. Just every once and a while though. I am not sure if it is some behavior??? I just added the second one and he is not doing it. Thoughts?

I've been doing a lot of research because I am wanting to get a pair of clowns and from what I read that is normal. A sign of dominance or something. I may be wrong but that is what I read on other sites

The clowns are trying to figure out who will be the male and female. This is normal behavior the bigger one will beet up on the smaller one and at some point this will stop and they will pair.

I got the second clown like 3 weeks later. They are always together. I figured it was some behavior. It looked odd and wanted to make sure it was not some disease. I figured they would team up. Cool if they would breed but i know thats a little tough.

They look like they are doing some mad dancing at bed time;)

It is only 7 weeks old. Finally the brown uglies are going away. Prob try after. Can i get one though? I just have stock lighting on my biocube.

Back
Top Bottom