Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-25-2006, 12:15 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
what order to introduce fish?

I got my 55 gallon tonight and am wondering, after it's all cycled and ready for living, what order do I introduce my fish? I would like 4 GBR's, a couple angels and a trio of kribs but how do I add them so they don't fight? I would like to get a few at a time and give them some time to claim their own, you know? Also, could bumble bee cat fish and long finned zebra danios be added without a fight?

cappieBridget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 01:26 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via ICQ to Lonewolfblue Send a message via Yahoo to Lonewolfblue
I am not sure about the others, but I would add the GBR's last. Give the tank some time to set in, like 3-4 months, before adding the GBR's, as they are very sensative. I had my success with my GBR's by doing just that, not adding them directly to a new tank, even if it's cycled. The more mature the tank, the better your odds of success will be, IMO.

55G Filstar XP3 - 16" Fire Eel
75G Medium Planted - Filstar XP3 Low Light - Established Feb 2006
Lonewolfblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 05:52 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
To minimize aggression you should always add the most territorial species last. If it were my tank the order of intro would be:

1. Bottom feeders
2. Schooling fish (tetras, danios)
3. GBRs
4. Angelfish

I would exclude the kribs as they can be quite aggressive and after the same territory the GBRs will inhabit.
BrianNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:21 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist
Okay, thanks guys. I'm glad I asked first, could have been ugly. I now have to decide on GBR's or kribs. I haven't seen kribs in a store yet, that's the problem.
cappieBridget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:17 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
I used to have kribs and apistos in a tank, but once the kribs started mating, the apistos were no longer tolerated

Menagerie is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com