what order to introduce fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cappieBridget

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got my 55 gallon tonight and am wondering, after it's all cycled and ready for living, what order do I introduce my fish? I would like 4 GBR's, a couple angels and a trio of kribs but how do I add them so they don't fight? I would like to get a few at a time and give them some time to claim their own, you know? Also, could bumble bee cat fish and long finned zebra danios be added without a fight?

I am not sure about the others, but I would add the GBR's last. Give the tank some time to set in, like 3-4 months, before adding the GBR's, as they are very sensative. I had my success with my GBR's by doing just that, not adding them directly to a new tank, even if it's cycled. The more mature the tank, the better your odds of success will be, IMO.

To minimize aggression you should always add the most territorial species last. If it were my tank the order of intro would be:

1. Bottom feeders
2. Schooling fish (tetras, danios)
3. GBRs
4. Angelfish

I would exclude the kribs as they can be quite aggressive and after the same territory the GBRs will inhabit.

Okay, thanks guys. I'm glad I asked first, could have been ugly. I now have to decide on GBR's or kribs. I haven't seen kribs in a store yet, that's the problem.

I used to have kribs and apistos in a tank, but once the kribs started mating, the apistos were no longer tolerated :(

Back
Top Bottom