What size tank to get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am in the process of downsizing the number of tanks I have running from 9 to hopefully 4. I have been moving fish around and there are some fish that won't be suitable for the 180g or the 90g. The remaining fish are these:
Mandarin
yellow clown goby
green clown goby
pair of clowns
itty bitty sailfin blenny
tailspot blenny

So instead of buying a tank and stocking I have the stock first and need some tank size suggestions.

I am taking down the 60g most likely and the biocube so I have that space available. i was thinking maybe a 40b or a 50h....I'd like to stay compact as far as size but am kinda stuck on what size would be appropriate. I'd like the new NUVO 24g 36 inch tank but I dont think that will be big enough for the stock mentioned above. Maybe it would, I might be over thinking the whole thing. LOL

Let me know what you think everyone, it will have to be soon since I have already emptied the cube and part of the 125g. The 8g and 60g are next and that puts a time crunch on me since I wont have anywhere to put those fish.

Thanks guys!! Looking forward to some input so I can make a decision.

I love the 40b, its a great tank for the length and width, but shallow enough to actually get down into the tank when needed.
I wish now I would have gone with a 40b, instead of the 37g tall I have, but my 37g has a nice stNd and canopy, which is why I went that route, but man it is a beast to get the stepstool out and still have trouble reaching the bottom, lol. Cant wait till I start adding corals, ugh.

40 breeder!!! That will be my next tank as well. Gotta love the width on it!

Thanks for the input. I was hoping to get an all in one setup, something like the nuvos maybe.
The only thing holding me back from committing to the 40b is the drilling and sump. I kinda wanted it to be simpler this time around. lol

So do you guys think a 36 inch long 24 g is too small for the fish I listed? Should I maybe consider a Nuvo 40g or 38g? Just trying to feel out what I wanna get. lol
With a nuvo I could get their skimmer and reactors and they will fit perfect. I wouldnt have to mess with an expensive skimmer and fit and wouldnt have to worry about an overflow.
Other than glasscages does anyone know if I can get a predrilled 40b?

If you are looking for a 36 inch long all in one, there is the new innovative marine nuvo shallow series 60 gallon all in one tank. It has dual overflows for 2 filter socks and room for a protein skimmer and media reactors. The only dimension difference between it and the 40b is that it is 16 inches high and 24 inches deep.

LOL. that nuvo is like 1400$!!! WAAAAYyyy over my budget. Though that is a perfect suggestion, lol, just wish Ihad the money

Oh didn't realize. I know, I wish I had the money and space to get the 120 gallon.

been pricing tanks and lights and stands all day. I dont anticpate keeping coral in this tank BUT with me you never know.

The 24g nuvo is $399 with not stand which would prob have to be custom made. And since its 36 inches wide it would be kinda pricey to get lights for it. SOoo I am back to thinking the nuvo 30 or 38. The 30 is $299 and the 38 is $399. The stands run 249$. And since its not as wide as the 24 the lighting would be cheaper.
If i add up the prices for getting a 40b together it comes out a tad bit cheaper but not by very much. And I face the same dilemma with the lights since its 36 inches wide.
Sigh, just dont know which one to go for. My stock list will pretty much stay the same so the bigger tank isnt necessarily needed per se, not that the extra 8g would make a huge difference anyways. lol
ANyone have the nuvo 30 or 38? That might be a good place to start, see what you all think for those that have the setup already.

well Carey, whatever you decide to go with... I for one am looking forward to a LOT of pics of it with great anticipation!!! I am sure it will be GREAT :)

Back
Top Bottom