Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-16-2007, 06:38 PM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
No go on the reef with him. If you get a Yellow Stripe Maroon, he may be able to defend against the puffer. I'm not sure if a puffer will bother an anenome...some one else will have to chime in.

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:44 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by roka64
No go on the reef with him. If you get a Yellow Stripe Maroon, he may be able to defend against the puffer. I'm not sure if a puffer will bother an anenome...some one else will have to chime in.
So What fish out there will go with a reef tank in a 46g bowfront with an anenome that has a playfull personality and a lot of character that will follow your finger and you can play with kind of like a pet?????? similar to the personality of a puffer that is reef compatable.

Old 04-16-2007, 06:49 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

My knowledge is limited as far as SW tanks (All I have is a 20 gal with softies and seahorses). But of course I have an opinion
I agree that the puffer will probably not bother an anemone too much because of the stinging factor. I'm not sure how a clown would get along with a puffer? I was under the impression that all puffers can be aggressive and will bite. Maybe the smaller puffers are not as aggressive? Most databases on these types of sites and also sites that sell fish will have compatability charts and advice as to whether or not the fish are reef safe. I would do a little researching on the databases to narrow down some options; then check in with people with a little more knowledge than myself for a second opinion. HTH
Old 04-16-2007, 06:51 PM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
WOW! That is really an open ended question. I would check out liveaquaria.com and saltwaterfish.com and a few others, just to get an idea of what's out there. Clowns have been known to spit at people, that's kinda funny. Eels are kinda cool, I don't know too much about them. Blennys and gobys are fun. Some wrasses have great personalities. I would get a stocking list together and then get people's opinions/personal experiences.

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
46 gallon, mate, puffer, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com