What's the best test kit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

degbowl

Aquarium Advice Freak
I purchased a Hagen Nutrafin master test kit. It was fine for my cycle, but now I need refills for NH3. Instead of buying refills should I just start buying an ammonia test kit from a different company?

I use the AP, all are pretty easy to read, except the pH (i seem to have trouble determining shades of purple...)

I've heard nothing but good things about Salifert. I might try an Ammonia test kit and see how it goes. Thanks for all the replies.

Personally I wouldn’t waste the $12-$18+ on Salifert tests for the basic nh3/no2/no3/ph tests.

I was disappointed with the Salifert no3 test which was even harder to read then my AP test :roll:

Don’t get me wrong, I love Salifert tests but I feel it’s really only worth the extra $$$ when it comes to testing things like ca/kh/mg/ect…

Considering a tank that already is cycled should never see any nh3/no2 I think the basic AP test is more then adequate for testing and is easy enough to read if it’s greater then 0.

Good point, tecwzrd.

I've never used salifert ammonia and nitrite tests. I use their NO3, Alk, Ca, Silicate and Phosphate tests and am basing my judgement on those only.

Back
Top Bottom