What's your stock list look like

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrc8858

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok first things first I've been getting all my supplies together to start a 20 gallon reef and almost have everything I need now which leads me to my question... before I begin to invest in live rock and livestock I would like to get an idea of the options I have with a 20 so as the title states if u have a 20 or smaller reef please give me a list of your livestock and a pic if possible.. this will be my first SW tank and don't wanna regret my choices later on down the line so any and all opinions and advice would be great... to give you an idea of what I would be looking for.. im really into the inverts and "strange" little critters but they would have to be compatible with a clown which is the only part of the tank that I'm set on... I WILL have a clown fish when this is all said and done lol

Edit* and Carey if your out there please jump in cause I've only seen great advice/ideas from your posts :)

Theres alot of options for nano fish. :) have you checked out the nano fish section at Aquarium Fish: Tropical Freshwater Fish and Saltwater Fish for Home Aquariums ? They have all the smaller fish together in one section.

I would be looking at firefish, gobues, blennies maybe a royal gramma. My current 20g rimless is kinda stocked heavy with 6 fish but I have in there: green clown goby, yellow clown goby, barnacle blenny, two spot blenny, fangtooth blenny and an engineer goby (too big for a 20g, will go into my 125 when he gets bigger).

If I were working around a clown I'd probably get a firefish, a yellow watchman goby, a small blenny and maybe one other fish. I also love my inverts so I would look at fire shrimp and cleaner shrimp too. If those guys are too $$ check out some peppermint shrimp. I also really like my crabs, I have emerald crabs and a porcelain crab in the 20g. I also have 2 peppermints in there. :-D

Hope that helps a bit. Like I said, check out liveaquaria nano section for mor ideas.

First don't get talked into damsels unless you really really love them. They will limit your stocking. For a 20 I would start with a royal gamma I know several people never see theirs but mine is always out. I made sure it knew I was its food source before adding any other fish. Then I would get one other fish either like a geometric hawkfish or a clown goby something that hops around the rocks.

My stocking is always light compared to others I know but that is just me I like my corals to be the center of attention of my tank and the fish for movement.

Back
Top Bottom