where am I at in my tank's cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JulieFurry

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Here are my test results for today. I went out and bought a test but just to be sure I took a sample to my LFS and got the same results. Where is my tank at roughly does anyone know?

Ammonia: .5ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: is really hard to read it doesn't look like 5.0 but it's not quite at 0 ppm the LFS couldn't even tell me what it was just that it was inbetween 5.0 and 0 ppm
PH: 7.8

I got a pH-buffer for the tank as well today so I will use that to raise the pH.

you are just beginning your cycle from all appearances of your test readings. As for ph, I wouldnt worry about it at all until your cycle is over.

Wow, just starting! My tanks been running for about a week. Granted I don't have live rocks but I do have live sand. Guess we'll keep cycling. I thought it'd be farther along than this.

JulieFurry said:
Wow, just starting! My tanks been running for about a week. Granted I don't have live rocks but I do have live sand. Guess we'll keep cycling. I thought it'd be farther along than this.
I agree just begining . However if you are planning on adding LR you will cycle again . Cycling can take up to 8 weeks depending on the die off you get

Back
Top Bottom