will this light work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what are your dimensions? 6 lamps is what i'd go with atleast, 4 is very limitting on the corals you can house

For most zoa's and softies you should be okay with those lights. But if you decide that you want to go into SPS then you are likely to wish you had waited and got the bigger one in the first place. If you don't "need" it right now I would hold off till you can afford a better lighting system. But if you think you would rather run softies/zoas for now and when you are in better financial shape buy a bigger one and maybe use your old one for a smaller tank, like a frag tank (everyone gets MTS eventually :D)

And you can possibly try to do SPS up near the top of the tank but I would recommend doing research first to determine what ones can handle less light.

I say 4 is fine for a starter, but IMO Coralife is a bit overpriced. Try to find another 4 bulb 48" fixture.

Maybe fishneedit.com, Current USA, or maybe Aquaticlife

I couldn't find an aquaticlife one in a very quick google search but this one here is quality and cheap ($150 not including shipping), only disadvantage to the aquaticlife is 2 cords and no built-in timer

4Ft/4Bulbs fixture

Back
Top Bottom