Woo-Hoo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bizzybeas

Aquarium Advice Freak
My tank has been set up since early May. (Live rock only) I found my first form of life, two feather dusters! (no one else I know would care about this, except my four year old) :D

lol no there are lots of us that understand...i still check my rock everyday to see whats new and it is 5 years old..it is all part of the fun :)

Yes, I love seeing new things, wait until you see a brittle starfish crawling up the back of the glass, then you might get a surprise!

Congrats Bizz. I too have been watching my LR for life i have about 7 fan worms growing on them :D I've got a strange looking crab in there that i've only seen fully twice, he spends all of his time hiding. I just love freebees...dont you? Oh yeah. I got 2 pieces of aiptasia growing on my LR for free too :? Gonna Kalk those little buggers tomorrow :twisted:

my favorite discovery was the time i saw a movement in a little hole and found mante the shrimp...my hubby fished him out with a tweezers and we took him to the lfs who confirmed his identate and fed him to a trigger :twisted:

RE: Stresco's crab

Stresco: Take caution with that "strange looking crab" I had one piggy back with my rock, it had a slightly rusty orange color and was very shy. For a long time he created no problems. But then fish started to dissapear from my tank. It wasn't until 2 fish and an anenome later that I caught the crab with a clown fish grasped firmly in it's claws dragging it into the LR.

Don't panic! it could be any NUMBER of crabs good or bad. You should just make a good effort to identify that crab before leaving it in your tank for too long. JMO.

I love all the surprise critters on LR. My latest surprise was a patch of what I thought to be some sort of green algae that turned out to be a patch of zoo's about 1 1/2 inches in diameter! they're tiny but they're growing!

I dont have a pic, but he looks a lot like a hairy, reddish orange, spider. His legs are kindof dispropotionate to his body. His body is about the cecumferance of a dime, just thicker, and his legs are about 2 1/2 inches long (maybe smaller). Is this what your fish killer looked like BillyZ? I don't have any fish in my tank smaller than 4", not including the tail, so i doubt if he will be picking on them without a fight :mrgreen:

well the color sounds the same but your description of the body is different. The one I had was of normal crab like proportions :D

If you don't have any small fish or anenomes/corals then perhaps there is nothing to worry about. I'd be interested in finding out what he is though.

(we should probably jump this conversation over to the "Identification" forum rather than hijack this thread. get a good snap-shot of him and post it up there. I'll keep an eye out for it.)

Back
Top Bottom