Woot!!! Im Set!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Benjithecookiemonster

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well... If ya don't remember me, I'm the guy who has the 55 gallon tank and didn't know squat about lights a few weeks ago..!!

Well, I got a 4 strip of very nice T-5 lights and a moon light replicator for night time now!!! WOOT!!! My girlfriend and I built a custom hood for the tank that fits perfectly on top of the tank and is able to elevate the light strip with ease. It looks like it came as part of the stand that we have.

My tank is doing well..

We just added a Panther Grouper (very pretty) and a black sea urchin to help with the new algae build up that we will have due to more live rock and the fish being added. So we now have a Panther Grouper, 2 different Sea Urchins, Two different Starfish (one -brittle, one -substrate cleaner) a few substrate snails and a Turbo Snail the size of Texas.

Pictures will be up soon.... I'm just waiting for a little more growth on the rear and side glass panels before taking pictures.

Also, i am really wanting to start with some soft corals once this is all settled down. My new sump is working like a champ along with the refugeum, skimmer and heater that we installed before the new fish and the live rock were added.

All should be up-hill from here!!

P.S. - I had no idea how much evaporation would take place once I added the Sump and Refugeum... ; )

Nice job on the canopy, now for the bad news...
That grouper needs at least a 300G tank, they grow really fast and will eat any fish/inverts/possibly corals they can fit in their mouths.....

Well.. thats not bad news... I have a huge tank that will be more than enough space to transfer the grouper and whatever other lion fish or eals that i end up getting :) Its going to be completed in about a month, so i have enough time to set up and cycle my new tank. the 55 gallon i have will be a reef and coral only tank when im done :)

Whew! Ok, that sounds awesome! I can't wait for some pics.

Back
Top Bottom