Would this be enough?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leahdanilalton

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I want to convert to a reef tank and I need new lighting. I've been looking at all the different possiblities and I think this is what I want. Please tell me if this lighting I have explained below is sufficient for most low to medium light corals. If not what do you suggest.
BTW...I have a standard 29 gallon rectangle tank.

30" Coralife Aqualight™ Deluxe Series - Double Linear Strip with TWO 65 watt 50/50 (Actinic/10,000K™) Compact Fluorescent Lamps Straight Pin Base with Cooling Fans

Also, for those of you who use egg carton to cover your tank. Could you please explain to me the benefits of this and how you go about installing the egg carton to your tank..Do you just place it to where it fits sitting on top of the tank or do you rig it some other way..

Thanks in advance for all your infinate wisdom.

well what type of corals would you like to keep? that will tell you what kind of lighting you should have. and if you have 2 bulbs then why would you not have a 10000k and an 03 in place of the 2 50/50?

Back
Top Bottom