yet another couple of questions... LOL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

b3noodles

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok 1st I have 50 lbs of LR and in one of the holes there is a white tube thing in it and at night usually is when i see this thing come out of it. It kinda looks like a feather duster only alot smaller and then I don't see it during the day time. It still comes out with the lights on but only in the evening. 2nd can a star fish emerge out of LR and if so can it only have 3 legs? I found one a few weeks ago and now there is another one still with only 3 legs each. Could the first one have split in two? thanks guys for putting up with a novice all your help is great!! Thanks Sue

Sue,
Sounds like a feather duster...
They are good and cool to have..
As for the Stars, I had 2 of mine shed their legs when I was transferring them from my box to the tank and they grew back and are just fine.. no worries !

its amazing all the tiny creatures, and sometimes cool sponges, that can come in on the LR. one time I had a rock come in that had about ten small snails on it! keep an eye out for the hitchhikers!
Mermaid

On the starfish thing, it seems that little starfish like to have 2 legs inside a hole and 3 hanging out, that seems to be their preferred method of realxing or whatever it is they do when hanging out. So I see a lot of little holes with just 3 legs sticking out in my rocks.

No they don't hang out on the rock they are stuck to the tank and they only have 3 legs each. It is really weird unless they are not atarfish. LOL It is probably something really bad and I don't even know it.

Back
Top Bottom