15 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr.waffles1842

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My little brother got a 15 gallon for his birthday. Yay!!! Problem? Up to me to set it up and such. So i pulled off a trick i saw one time and the tank should be all set now. Anyway, this is whaat he wants, and im not sure about it. Take a look.

Gill’s Stocking Plan
15 gallon
-5 cardinal tetras
-2 panda corys/other corys
-1 snail 1 shrimp
-1 red tail shark/longfin leopard danios
-1 flame dwarf gourami

Side notes: not gravel but sand, plants, driftwood

Danios won't work in the tank because they need a 20L/29g and red tailed shark needs 55g. Cards will work but go with 6-7 since they are schoolers. Panda cories are the perfect size for the tank, but don't go with any of the larger types like julii, albino, bronze, or emerald. 6 panda cories would be good. They are pretty shy and will feel better with a larger group. A flame gourami is a great centerpiece fish for the tank, and the snail and shrimp should work as well. To fill out the tank you could go with a small top-mid schooler such as marbled hatchets or pork chop rasbora. Or a group of 5 male guppies would work nicely as well. :)

mr.waffles1842 said:
My little brother got a 15 gallon for his birthday. Yay!!! Problem? Up to me to set it up and such. So i pulled off a trick i saw one time and the tank should be all set now. Anyway, this is whaat he wants, and im not sure about it. Take a look.

Gill’s Stocking Plan
15 gallon
-5 cardinal tetras
-2 panda corys/other corys
-1 snail 1 shrimp
-1 red tail shark/longfin leopard danios
-1 flame dwarf gourami

Side notes: not gravel but sand, plants, driftwood

IMO the only danios you could put in a 15 gallon are CPDs. Leopards should have a 20L.

Bump the school to six for the cardinals. Buy captive bred ones if you can.

Panda cories would be the only cories you could fit in there, or pygmies. I would say 6+.

No RTS. From other members experiences on here I say 75 gallon minimum for them.

Flame gouramis are nice but be careful. They are very sensitive and prone to disease.

Thats basically the same thoughts i had. I just wanted some clarification. So what else could he have? ill change the plan to what itll be so far...

-1 snail and shrimp
-6 cardinals
-4-6 pandas
-hes really set on that flame dwarf!
-open to sugestions

we went to petco today (its one of the good ones, dont freak) and he selected 2 variatus. Well, that takes care of the extra space! The rest is whats in the previous post.

Wasn't me, was my brother. Didn't see any flame dwarfs, pandas, or cardinals though. It's odd. we might have to go to a different store for them.

Back
Top Bottom