29 gal stocking advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drucifer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Currently doing fishless cycling on my new 29 gallon, which is giving me the opportunity to consider its future residents. Also considering having a few plants. So far, my list of fish consists of the following:

3 silver dollar
6 neon tetra
3 black molly
1 medusa head pleco

Will I be overstocked? Under stocked? Just right? Also, will I have any room for some shrimp and/or snails?

Shrimp tend to better in tanks that do not have fish from what I have heard and have experienced. I don't think there is ever a problem with adding most snails as they help to clean up the tank.

Welcome to AA!

I'm glad to hear you're doing a fishless cycle. (y)

As far as stocking, I think the tetras and mollies are fine. But maybe silver dollars get too big for a 29(?). Anyone else know? I also know nothing about that type of pleco, but some stay small and are perfectly fine for a 29 gal.

I also think the Silver Dollars get too large....I believe they get around 5-6 inches full grown. The mollies and tetras are fine though and I'd even add to the number of tetras.

According to Planet Catfish the Medusa Pleco gets about 5 inches, so I think it will be fine in your tank.

Thanks for the help guys! I suppose I'll be searching for an alternative to Silver Dollars, then.

OK, let me try again:

10 neon tetra

3 sword tail
and/or
3 black molly

2 moonlight gourami
1 medusa head pleco

Back
Top Bottom