29 gallon stocking suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lareland

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okay guys I have a 29 gallon aquarium. It currently has aragonite sand in it because it held baby african cichlids for a while. I have now sold them all because they were getting too big for the tank and didn't want aggression to kill any fish. It has a penguin 350 filter on it and thinking about putting a second filter of the same size on it. The aragonite sand can stay or go,no biggie either way.

I was thinking maybe a gourami, some cory cats, and some schooling fish. But as I am fairly new to fish keeping I don't know a lot about stocking. (Only kept goldfish, tinfoil barbs until they got too big, and the baby cichlids)

I am open to any set up of fish but I would prefer a bigger fish or two and not just small schools. Even if it is just have two bigger sized fish in there, I am fine with that. Colors and personality are a plus. Also open to brackish water fish. I just don't want fish that are extremely hard to care for, as I am only 18 and still trying figure this whole fish keeping thing out.

Let me know what you think and if the aragonite will need to go with your set up. Also suggestions on how to get the aragonite out and how to treat the water after it's gone would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys so much!

6 or so angelfish would look great. They have a massive variety of colours and personality. Have 6 so if a couple of fish get rejected from the main group (that sometimes happens) you can take the rejects away. If you do this then you will have a lovely group of angels.

Back
Top Bottom