2G Re-Do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello! So, I've been starting to plant my tanks. While waiting for my plants for my 2.5g to come in I thought that I might as well do my 2g over. I have all the things that I need so I don't see why not to do it, plus it is currently very ugly!
Here's the tank:
img_1838864_0_31cf27c4f4d4e1222862dc5a1a65cc17.jpg

Gravel, yeah I went with gravel I saw it and thought that it'd look nice:
img_1838864_1_bd27dc6b5d4c8e4a923e513b4fccac71.jpg

Filter:
img_1838864_2_6772e92b4e5778cfde1be9f08a72a76e.jpg

Dirt:
img_1838864_3_32cfd737dc05990c2371ccdff74106de.jpg

Also with the filter, where do I insert the tubing?

Oh, and I'm using bacopa monnieri, anubais Afezlii, java moss and dwarf water lettuce!

Here's the tank all clean and ready to go:
img_1838937_0_2bac92815b05023e945ce4a26dbf690c.jpg

My helper:
img_1838937_1_8831e1655bce3d7113cf5beacc5b7656.jpg

The tank with dirt:
img_1838937_2_a46e4b9610ff63d3c5922514831ff720.jpg

About to add gravel:)

Jill said:
Looking good! Following.(y)

Thanks!

My sponge filter isn't working out too well :(. I'll probably have to buy some small filter for the tank...

Look great!!

Colors of the wind is a fun song btw. Played it in band a few years ago :D

George9 said:
Look great!!

Colors of the wind is a fun song btw. Played it in band a few years ago :D

Thanks! I've added plants in there but I may have to tear it down, since I can't seem to find a filter that would work. It may be upgraded to a 5g tank... It truly depends on if I can find some money:). But I just bought shoes...

Oh, yeah got bored and brought out the violin:). Nothing better than rocking out to disney music on a violin!!!!

AquaKai said:
Thanks! I've added plants in there but I may have to tear it down, since I can't seem to find a filter that would work. It may be upgraded to a 5g tank... It truly depends on if I can find some money:). But I just bought shoes...

Oh, yeah got bored and brought out the violin:). Nothing better than rocking out to disney music on a violin!!!!

What filter were you using before you redid the tank?

George9 said:
What filter were you using before you redid the tank?

A very small filter, I think it was a tetra whisper 3i. But I can't seem to find any, especially since the last one that I had died on me a week or so ago and I've been doing PWCs all week:p

absolutangel04 said:
Looking good so far. :)

Oh and thanks angel!

AquaKai said:
Oh my goodness! You found it! I'll check and see if it's at the store first but I'll definitely buy it if I can't find it:). Thanks!!!

Haha I didn't think they were that hard to find! I see them all the time at my petco and petsmart :D

Lol but I like to think I have a gift ;)

....a gift for finding things that is

So... Um.... I've decided that I'm going to get a bigger tank:) I looked at the filter, it was 10.99 in the store as well. But the thing is that I can get a 10g with a filter for 14.99... Hm... I think that I'll spend the extra $4 and get a larger tank and a nicer filter:)

Hopefully I'll have a thread for that soon! Thanks for tagging along with this, well disaster!:thanks: Hope you enjoyed the show come back in a few days for the next performance!

AquaKai said:
So... Um.... I've decided that I'm going to get a bigger tank:) I looked at the filter, it was 10.99 in the store as well. But the thing is that I can get a 10g with a filter for 14.99... Hm... I think that I'll spend the extra $4 and get a larger tank and a nicer filter:)

Hopefully I'll have a thread for that soon! Thanks for tagging along with this, well disaster!:thanks: Hope you enjoyed the show come back in a few days for the next performance!

Of course you'll want a bigger tank! Better now then later lol. The MTS is setting in.

George9 said:
Of course you'll want a bigger tank! Better now then later lol. The MTS is setting in.

Pshhh it's bad already. A 2.5g, 8g, and a 55g and soon a 10g... Yup need to stop, but not likely;)

AquaKai said:
Pshhh it's bad already. A 2.5g, 8g, and a 55g and soon a 10g... Yup need to stop, but not likely;)

Haha so what are your plans for this baby?

George9 said:
Haha so what are your plans for this baby?

Sorry went to a job interview, hopefully I will get it:).

So maybe for the tank a betta and either harlequin rasboras or possibly ADFs. But I'm totally up for opinions:)

Back
Top Bottom