30 g clean up crew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BamBamFishKid

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

Im most likely going to stock my tank with the following,

-golden dojo loach
-pair of bolivian rams
-3 female powder blue dwarf gourami
-3 red wag platy

NEED A CLEAN UP CREW WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND?

I will also most likely plant java moss, and java fern.

There will be lots of DW in this tank.

I'd rethink the Dojos; they should be in a larger tank and get up to 6", plus they need a group of at least 3. You'd be overstocked with them in the tank. Instead of those you could get some schooling fish, tetras or danios, etc. Bottom-dwellers may be a bit tricky with that sized tank. A pair of rams can get aggressive when they pair off and any other bottom-dwelling fish will be the targets; I have a pair of rams with corys but it's a 40 gal breeder so there's more room. You could try shrimp, adults may be ok, babies may likely get eaten though.

Hi,

Im most likely going to stock my tank with the following,

-golden dojo loach
-pair of bolivian rams
-3 female powder blue dwarf gourami
-3 red wag platy

You may not be able to find female PBD gourami's. Most places only sell males as females are very drab and don't sell.

I agree with no dojo loaches but in that size tank you could do Dwarf Chain Loaches, Botia sidthimunki, which would do fine with a pair of Bolivian Rams. I've found that Bolivian ram pairs even when spawning aren't as aggressive as GBR's. I've also found quite often that when you have a male and female of this species they often won't accept each other and just co-exist in the tank. IMO they seem a little more picky about mates than GBR's are.

Back
Top Bottom