5 gal, no heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shayfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well, the beta at work finally packed it in and now our lovely little 5 gallon is empty and lonely. I was wondering what you guys think my options as far as a five gallon tank with no heater? I was thinking about a couple of inverts but the coworkers want to see fish. Of course, in the end I'm the one in charge of the tank so I'll do whatever I want lol!

Anyway... I am not opposed to picking up a heater for this tank but if there are any recommendations out there of things I could do I would prefer to hang on to my $$$ :)

TIA!

you can get a heater suitable for a 5 gal at walmart for $6.99 that is preset to 78 degrees.

i'd go with a school of microrasbora galaxy =)....i want some for my 6.6gal

Or some male fancy guppies. They're interesting to watch and very colorful. 5 gallon should hold, what.. 2? maybe 3.. they're clean fish and don't get much bigger than an inch and a half long, IME.

I agree, 2 male guppy's and like 2-3 otto's, ( thats what I did for my 5gall...) but make sure the guppys are MALE

Back
Top Bottom