55 Gallon Restart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ArmyVet

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 55 Gallon tank that I'm restarting. Recently had an Anchor Worm outbreak that wiped it out. Emptied, bleached, cleaned, etc...almost ready to go again. I am wanting live plants, and fish that will not destroy my plants. Would like colorful freshwater fish...was thinking cichlids, but not sure if they are plant friendly or not. Help?

I like the way those look. Are they plant friendly? And I know nothing about live plants...any recommendations? I would prefer plants on the smaller size, I don't want them taking over my aquarium.

Dwarf gourami u can only have one. And they are the most timid fish. They would rather be bullied to death then to fight back (unless it's each other!)

Blue rams are sensitive so those should be one of ur last added.

They are both fine with plants!!

Edit* what lights do u have?

Yeah I would do:
2-4 german blue rams
10 cherry barbs or 15 cardinal tetras or lemon tetras
10 panda Cories
Another school of something
Some snails
And maybe some dwarf Gouramis

Samzter said:
Yeah I would do:
2-4 german blue rams
10 cherry barbs or 15 cardinal tetras or lemon tetras
10 panda Cories
Another school of something
Some snails
And maybe some dwarf Gouramis

Dwarf gourami(one) unless its super heavily planted and has a lot of hiding spots

Sillyfishies said:
Dwarf gourami(one) unless its super heavily planted and has a lot of hiding spots

Yeah in a way I do agree. I am lucky because my two males get along great. I also have 3 females as well. But if you don't have a backup tank things may Anne probably will turn nasty

Back
Top Bottom