Adding to my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Strummer

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have 1 catfish, 2 silver sharks, 1 tiger barb and about 4 guppies and need to add more fish. I want some more tiger barb as mine gets lonely but what else should I add that will get on! New to all this as you may have guessed!

Hmm, I have to say, you probably should be wary of adding any more fish into that size of a tank (you are already overstocked). Furthermore, I would highly, highly recommend re-homing or returning those sharks... they cannot thrive in such a small tank... if you wanted to find a new, bigger home for the sharks, you could fill out your school of tiger barbs (though, they would probably fin-nip your guppies)...

I would not suggest buying any new fish until you've sorted out your current dilemma!

Hmm, I have to say, you probably should be wary of adding any more fish into that size of a tank (you are already overstocked). Furthermore, I would highly, highly recommend re-homing or returning those sharks... they cannot thrive in such a small tank... if you wanted to find a new, bigger home for the sharks, you could fill out your school of tiger barbs (though, they would probably fin-nip your guppies)...

I would not suggest buying any new fish until you've sorted out your current dilemma!

+1

50L = 13.2g US

+2 for Rosenweiss. The guppies belong in the tank and maybe the catfish if it's a cory, but the barbs really need more space. The silver sharks will get a foot long if they're balas, two feet if they're columbians.

It's 60 litres ( just checked ). Thanks for advice! At the moment the silver sharks are only about 5cms long! There are only 7 fish in the tank which is 60x 30x 30. The catfish is biggest at 15cms but I will remove the sharks and catfish as suggested. The 3 guppies and 1 barb can then stretch out! I just thought barbs liked to shoal and would like company..thanks for your advice

I will re home my little sharks but have had them about 3 months and they seem to be thriving and happy. Wish the store had told me about this when I purchased new tank! Oh well!

Back
Top Bottom