Another fishless cycle question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BostonRedSox said:
He gave me his entire filter. He said he has like 7 layers of filters and he gave me the oldest one! It is huge too. I had to stuff it in my filter canister. How do I need to start testing now? The same as normal???

Yep, pretend like it's not even in there and proceed as normal :). Things will start FLYING along really soon. You owe him a huge thank you, this will help tremendously.

OK got my one piece of uncooked shrimp and pantyhose. So I'm just placing it in my tank in some pantyhose and forget about it till I get back right?

BostonRedSox said:
OK got my one piece of uncooked shrimp and pantyhose. So I'm just placing it in my tank in some pantyhose and forget about it till I get back right?

Yep, I'd just toss 1 or 2 in a mesh bag and let it do it's thing :)

Got back and checked my aquarium and my filter was not running. I have no idea how long it had not been working. I wiggled the intake hose around and it started working again. Looked like about 50 to 60 of my filter media had dried out. Like I have said before I have a lot of bubbles going in my aquarium so the water in the aquarium was still being agitated. Looks like my ammonia is still at 3 maybe 2 ppm. Seems like this is taking forever. This Sunday will be the 6th full week.

Back
Top Bottom