At last community stocking :) :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds great to me, too! I just got some long finned zebra danios with my pair of rams, so here's hoping they get along! I'd love to see your tank when it's ready!

I'm late to this thread but I thought I would let you know that Glass Cats are very sensitive. I lost all five of mine in one stupid incident. Also they need places to hide. They school together under hiding spots. I wish mine hadn't died.

I just bought glass cats. They're still not fully adjusted after a week. During the day they just hide in the back under my plants. And one hasn't eaten since I got him.

Sounds great to me, too! I just got some long finned zebra danios with my pair of rams, so here's hoping they get along! I'd love to see your tank when it's ready!

Thanks I can't wait either and I will post pics when im done and keep you all updated : :)

I'm late to this thread but I thought I would let you know that Glass Cats are very sensitive. I lost all five of mine in one stupid incident. Also they need places to hide. They school together under hiding spots. I wish mine hadn't died.

Oh that's really good to know. Thank you. I probably will not be going with them then :)

I just bought glass cats. They're still not fully adjusted after a week. During the day they just hide in the back under my plants. And one hasn't eaten since I got him.

sounds like my rummynose tetras... this is almost three weeks.. still hiding... I was thinking maybe once I get my stock going i can add these rummynose with some more ( I have 7 in a 10g ) and they will be happier and more confident

Only thing I can say is that Serpae tend to be a little nippy and may go after some fish. If you want a 100% peaceful tank (by general rule) they might "stir the water". Also, I might have mentioned this before, be careful with pairing B. Rams. They tend to be VERY territorial when they start to mate. They will go after anything that comes near. Otherwise, I like the tank a lot! It's very similar to mine!

Oh okay... i'm debating not adding the rams at all and just doing tons of tetras... Im falling in love with schooling fish :)

Sounds fine to me. Can't wait to see it! :)
I can't wait to get started :):cool:

Ok so what I would really love and be satisfied with would be

Large school rummynose
Large school cardinals
Maybe a couple Bolivian rams
a small angelfish ( I've heard a lot of ppl do it )
A school of Julie Cory cats.

What do I guys think ??

Some people have trouble with cardinals and angels because the cardinals are sort of small, so they can get eaten. Other people have no issues.
That stock does sound like it would look very nice in the tank together though. And everybody has a better chance of staying alive since you want to start when the angel is still small.

Some people have trouble with cardinals and angels because the cardinals are sort of small, so they can get eaten. Other people have no issues.
That stock does sound like it would look very nice in the tank together though. And everybody has a better chance of staying alive since you want to start when the angel is still small.

Yeah I have kinda heard mixed info on this... Cardinals are a little bigger than neons and rummys are bigger than cardinals so i'm pretty sure the rummies would be okay... I guess I could not get the cardinals but I would almost rather leave out the angel... lol

Yeah I have kinda heard mixed info on this... Cardinals are a little bigger than neons and rummys are bigger than cardinals so i'm pretty sure the rummies would be okay... I guess I could not get the cardinals but I would almost rather leave out the angel... lol
The rummies shouldn't be an issue. And yeah, getting the angel with the cardinals is a bet... Angels can be a little difficult in a community tank. I have my whole community built around the angels to avoid issues. I love the angels, but it does limit things a little. If you don't want to take the risk, you could get a different centerpiece fish. Like a pearl gourami or a dg. Or, you could just buy the angel small, let it grow with the cardinals and hope for the best. :)

The rummies shouldn't be an issue. And yeah, getting the angel with the cardinals is a bet... Angels can be a little difficult in a community tank. I have my whole community built around the angels to avoid issues. I love the angels, but it does limit things a little. If you don't want to take the risk, you could get a different centerpiece fish. Like a pearl gourami or a dg. Or, you could just buy the angel small, let it grow with the cardinals and hope for the best. :)

I think my grandma is giving me one of her angles. She has not had it long and it is not very big.

If I do centerpiece fish that are not angels... it will probably be bolivian rams :D

img_1483518_0_568370627933d9b96893745b63add342.jpg

Hey guys here's the tank ;) letting some water run through some established media for bit then the stocking :D

bruinsbro1997 said:
Very nice! Are those fake or live plants?

Thanks!! Fake plants.... Dollar store :) hehe our Lfs were selling some like that and my dad was like ... DOLLAR STORE!!! ( in his mind ) hahaha

Flossie said:
Thanks!! Fake plants.... Dollar store :) hehe our Lfs were selling some like that and my dad was like ... DOLLAR STORE!!! ( in his mind ) hahaha

Hahahaha they were a dollar??? Lucky! My LFS sells plastic plants for the same as live plants.

bruinsbro1997 said:
Hahahaha they were a dollar??? Lucky! My LFS sells plastic plants for the same as live plants.

We got mine at the dollar store bc the Lfs were selling decorating plants as aquarium plants so we figured
The dollar store ones would work the same. Lol

Flossie said:
We got mine at the dollar store bc the Lfs were selling decorating plants as aquarium plants so we figured
The dollar store ones would work the same. Lol

Haha the nearest dollar store around here is a thirty minute drive!

Getting back on topic, what are you stocking with??? I haven't been checking in as usual so I'm behind on some things :)

bruinsbro1997 said:
Haha the nearest dollar store around here is a thirty minute drive!

Getting back on topic, what are you stocking with??? I haven't been checking in as usual so I'm behind on some things :)

Well this is what I want I think hahaha

I may change my mind...

School of cardinals and/or neons
Maybe rummynose school
School zebra danios
Maybe a Cory school
Maybe 1 sm angel.

Honestly not sure. There is kinda a red green theme lol.... Bloodfin tetras may look good

I just know I wants some schooling fish and some variety since my other tanks are species tanks

Back
Top Bottom