Basics of frozen foods?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trennamw

Aquarium Advice Addict
On a whim I got this 4 pack of assorted frozen foods and now I'm not sure how to use them. (It's San Francisco Bay brand, includes freshwater frenzy, one that's mostly greens, and 2 others).

Mainly I'm wondering how often to use these and how much to feed? "As much as fish will eat in 3 minutes" seemed to be a lot. They really chowed down.

I usually feed New Life Spectrum Thera A .5mm. I have a tiny scoop that came with other food and feed two of these scoops twice a day.

Figuring the frozen food has water in it I was shooting for about twice the volume but they are that in about 5 seconds.

I have a 29 gallon community tank, fully stocked. I cut one cube off the tray and let it thaw, figuring I can't put the whole thing in there. I sucked a little up in a pipette and squirt a little at a time into the tank.

The fish went nuts and seemed to eat it all right away. I ended up feeding half the cube. The rest is in the fridge and I feel like I need to use it today since I was "double dipping", taking the pipette from tank to cube.

I take a cup of warm fish water and put the cube in it. I let it soak for 10 mins.
I come back and i pour it through the fish net and than dump it in the fish tank.
I have a 36 gallon livebearer tank. and my fish eat it all. i do 1 cube per day.

I usually cut a cube in half, thaw it in tank water, and using a syringe with a 3ft long piece of solid airline tubing I target feed my fish. Or if I'm feeling particularly lazy just dump it in. I don't worry about straining it at all.

This is for my saltwater tank though. Fewer fish to deal with.

I usually cut a cube in half, thaw it in tank water, and using a syringe with a 3ft long piece of solid airline tubing I target feed my fish. Or if I'm feeling particularly lazy just dump it in. I don't worry about straining it at all.

This is for my saltwater tank though. Fewer fish to deal with.

I have a lot of fry. They is a lot of fish in my tank. So they eat a lot.

Back
Top Bottom