Bend-a-Branch vine in my fish tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish_Fan

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a reptile Bend-a-Branch vine and I wanted to know if I could put it in my Fluval Edge 6 gallon aquarium. Also what are good beginner plants for My 6 gallon Fluval Edge? Thanks!!!!

Ferns are great beginner plants, that's what I hear, I have one myself, also amazon swords are great! But you have to add root tabs for them if your substrate is gravel or sand, I'm planing on getting Anubius because like the java fern, you can't plant it, you can only tie it to driftwood or a rock, they are both easy to grow! Other people can give you more info but that's what I know

I would not add Bend a Branch as it's not rated for fully underwater AFAIK.

Several reviews mention they shed the coating...doesn't sound good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plants ?
Java Fern
Java Moss

Other easy low light plants.

I used to have one of those branches when I was younger for our frogs. It seems to me like they have some type of wire inside them and are coated with a foamy rubber material. Doesn't seem like something that should go in a fish tank!

I agree no bend a branch. Go hunt up some odd small driftwood, cure it and silicone it anyway you like.

I'm not the original poster, but thanks! I recently saw some of these at a tag sale, brand new in the bags for a buck each (like $20 in stores) and went "ohhhhhh, nice". But common sense told me there is wire inside and I passed. Glad I did the right thing.

Back
Top Bottom