Best schooling fish???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishDaAx

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am stuck on this! I can't seem to find a tight nit schooling fish. I basically am now thinking of going with... Red minor tetras, rummynose tetras, zebra danios, or harlequin rasboras. I have a 50g tank with 4 albino corydoras. I want my school to be 16 strong. Which do you guys think will do best in the tank at that size of school?

I personally like harlequin rasboras because their easy to maintain and are run to watch

Harlequin Rasboras
Bloodfins Tetras
Rummynose Tetras

Large schools 20+ fish in big tanks with a potential predator like an Angel or Discus tend to school tightest.

I love red eyed tetras or Congos!

Congos are very pretty! I was gonna get LFS to order them but they would be a little over 3$ a piece, and I just couldn't afford to spend that much on fish at the moment.

Harlequin Rasboras
Bloodfins Tetras
Rummynose Tetras

Large schools 20+ fish in big tanks with a potential predator like an Angel or Discus tend to school tightest.

+1 to all those recommendations and the explanation. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Hengels rasbora are great little schoolers I have 6 in my 41g community and they are always doing laps and synchronised movements together across the tank they even make circles together its awesome to watch. I've had a few schooling fish species but these are by far my favourite and very hardy little guys. They are similar looking to harlequins but stay a bit smaller.
http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/barbs/glowlight-rasbora.php

Back
Top Bottom