Beta tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guppyman34

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, I've really started to fall in love with betas again recently. I used to have a half gallon plastic beta tank when I was 10, but I know now they need at least 2.5 gallons, a filter, and a heater. So in the next few months, I really wanna start another beta tank! I would prefer to stay around the 3 gallon mark, so does anyone know a good 3ish gallon glass aquarium? Also what type of filter is best for such a small tank and what wattage should the heater be?

Guppyman34 said:
Well, I've really started to fall in love with betas again recently. I used to have a half gallon plastic beta tank when I was 10, but I know now they need at least 2.5 gallons, a filter, and a heater. So in the next few months, I really wanna start another beta tank! I would prefer to stay around the 3 gallon mark, so does anyone know a good 3ish gallon glass aquarium? Also what type of filter is best for such a small tank and what wattage should the heater be?

If you're willing to tinker a little, the Fluval Spec is 2 gallons but has everything but the heater all inclusive. It has a space for a heater in the back. It will run you around $35 if you order from Wag.com, but it is possibly the best tank I've ever had.

MABJ said:
If you're willing to tinker a little, the Fluval Spec is 2 gallons but has everything but the heater all inclusive. It has a space for a heater in the back. It will run you around $35 if you order from Wag.com, but it is possibly the best tank I've ever had.

Hmm, a little pricey, what filter is included?

you're doing better than most, but i would recommend a 5 gallon if it's possible as they have great personalities and a 5 gal will give it the room to show it off :D

New said:
you're doing better than most, but i would recommend a 5 gallon if it's possible as they have great personalities and a 5 gal will give it the room to show it off :D

Okay, well that sounds good what are the best inexpensive filters for a 5 gallon?

yeah, and another tip: use either real or silk plants so the betta doesn't rip his fins up on the hard plastic ones :)

I'm not sure what you decided on. But t answer your Fluval spec question, it has a unique built in sump filtration system.

I encourage you to check it out :) I got it for my shrimp, and I will say it is better than any 1-5 gallon tank I've ever purchased or seen.

You can do many things with it :) very good quality. The original price is $70 almost, but I can help you get it for $35 shipped.

Good luck with everything!! I love nanos, so good choice!

Back
Top Bottom