Bowfront vs. "long"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have always had flat fronted tanks but for my lounge I bought a 4 foot bow front. Yes it does distort slightly but the overall effect is very pleasing. I am well happy with it. It might just come down to personal choice, budget and how much of a purist you are.

Why do you think buying items separate is better than a kit? Just wondering because I did not do a ton of research before I bought my Aqueon 36g bow front kit and now I'm wondering if I got something inferior.

Most of cheap kits found in basic petstores are junk with weak filters, cheap hoods, and so forth. Some brands have great kits but I mainly meant the easy to find ones. With the deals you can find online for quality products I just prefer piecing tanks up myself.

I was looking at Petsmart recently and they have Aqueon, Marineland, and Top Fin kits. After researching them, only the Aqueon kit is any good and still there are better heaters and filters out there than the Aqueon brand.

So I agree, you will get better products for almost the same price if you piece it all together.

I like my bowfront the distortion does suck some times but standing back and looking at it I am pleased with how it looks

Back
Top Bottom