Can I have a Bristle Nose Pleco in a Fluval Edge?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldnt buy any nerite snails your assassin will eat then and nerite snails need brackish water to breed

Doh, forgot about that, sorry!

Yes, I think shrimp are perfect for your tank. Especially amano shrimp as they are known to be one of the best algae eating shrimp out there, but I'm sure almost any dwarf shrimp (ghost, cherry, red crystal) will get the job done.

Shrimp are really fun to watch as well. Every time I see one run around and eat something I think of Finding Nemo when the shrimp comes out and cleans little Nemo off when he first enters the tank.

+1 for shrimp

I have several otos and they do enjoy the company of others, but its not the same as with actual schooling fish like tetras. Everyone can put ideal group #'s and take a dogmatic approach to it, but I have them in multiple tanks and in some tanks more than others and have not noticed a difference in behavior between the one that is in a tank by himself versus the ones that are with 4 others.
They interact, but not on the same level as a schooling fish.

No matter which ones you get, they are not likely to completely deal with algae issues.

Thank you guys for all the awesome responses so far. I have decided to get shrimp (should I get Amano, Cherry or Ghost shrimp?). I understand they won't eliminate the algae problem completely but they'll definitely help to keep the tank clean.

I just have to wait until my ammonia level reaches 0 as I am currently still cycling :( (it's been 2.5 weeks since I got my aquarium)

Back
Top Bottom