Catching Aquarium Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great! I would love to be able to catch some small fish for my aquarium! And you've got good looking fish out there!! Over here we don't really have any fish that are worth catching.....most streams are too polluted.

The only fish I might have a go at catching someday is a three-spined stickleback. Pic:

Attachments

• schdriedrn.gif
    schdriedrn.gif
    22 KB · Views: 111
Yes, well, they are coldwater fish, so I could basically keep them in a tank with just a filter. They are also sometimes kept in ponds. They are pretty interesting species, as the male makes a nest out of plants, the female comes to lay eggs, and the male guards the fry for a couple of weeks!
But I'm not keeping them any time soon....my mom wouldn't agree on another aquarium nor pond :lol:

Unfortunately Not yet. finally got out the bleach of the QT tank, just received the heater via courier, and i've still got to get the filter. after that if dad is not busy we will go and catch some fish. I definitly not going catching without Dad as i am not going to wade into the water. But AA will be the first to know when I do!

I went catching. We checked out 3 creeks, and we got zilch. The only thing we saw were littlepuny black fish, to quick to catch. I talked to some knowledgeable people and they said that now is not good for fish as it is winter and it is drought. They told me of another local creek where rainbowfish have been reported but I will have to check that out when spring/summer comes, in september

to be honest with you if I knew were flagfish, sunfish, and the native killies were over here Id be keeping them in my house right now!..LOL. When I lived up in Indiana I knew were there were some sunfish but I dont think Ive ever seen a flagfish. Summers coming up right now here so maybe Ill try to find out were to go.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom