Completed Cycle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sharkiegirl94

Aquarium Advice Freak
Have cycled my tank for exactly 4 weeks now, should i go longer? My goldfish and Chinese algae eater are still alive amazingly! Goldie's been through ich (now gone), high ammonia levels, and a few temperature changes that were unintentional. ^^;

What do you mean should you go longer? Are you cycling with fish? If so the cycle is either done or it isn't. What are your water paramaters right now?

I agree with Librarygirl- your cycle is either done or it's not. But, the cae should not be in the same tank as the goldie.

librarygirl said:
What do you mean should you go longer? Are you cycling with fish? If so the cycle is either done or it isn't. What are your water paramaters right now?

I'll record perimeters when i get home. They look perfectly fine. I'm new at this, don't get snappy with me.

It depends on your numbers. If theres any amm/nitrites, then your cycle is not done yet. Unfortunately, you will have to retank or rehome the cae before he causes harm to your goldie. He may ok right now but you will eventually have problems.

A bit more info would be helpful in knowing if you are cycled or not.

I'm guessing you are doing a fish in cycle. I hope you are planning to rehome one of those fish. As mentioned it's not a great setup, I'm also pretty sure your algae eater likes warmer temps that your goldie.

I doubt you are cycled now but after you post some parameters it will give us a better idea. Ideally you want your Ammonia and Nitrites at 0 and your nitrates up, prob closer to 20. Mostly you just want to see this consistently.

What kind of water changes are you doing? How big is your tank?

Back
Top Bottom