Cycling concern, just a couple quick questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cieno

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone,

I know the time between ammo to nitrite to nitrate can easily take a few days or more before they start to show up on the tests. Once they start to change over though should the levels keep rising regularly(ammo - nitrite and nitrite - nitrate) or can that take time too.

04/13 ammo levels start to drop so kept it at 4.0ppm(using a seeded filter from angels plus to assist).

04/16 first signs of nitrites(shouldn't say first signs it was 5.0). Woohoo its working its way there.

04/19 ammo now 0's out overnight and nitrites still 5.0 with nitrates at 5.0 as well.

04/21 nitrites and nitrates remain 5.0ppm(yes I shake the solution as directed and master API freshwater kit). Is this lack of change normal for nitrates as well? I figured that nitrates would have kept getting higher since nitrites remain at 5.0.

Tested PH and hPH throughout as well. PH started at 7.6 but has gone just a little bit darker in shade so I would guess 7.8? hPH started at 7.8, jumped to 8.2 and for the last few days has been at 8.0. Could these levels affect the cycle?(I know low 6's can stall a cycle, but is there a higher number to worry about as well?).

You look fine. It will take some more time to get the second half of your conversion. Just keep watching for a drop in ph

Thanks for the reply ^_^. Good to know nothings wrong, being my first tank I find my newest habit is second guessing everything LOL.

:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom