Drift wood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mustangman11224

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all I had orderd driftwood for my 36 gal tank so my pelco could munch on it.. I got it yesterday and soaked it.. I got back
That night and the water was a light tea color... I dumped the water out and put it back in the bucket last nite... When I looked at it tonight the water is Crystal clear.. Can I add it to my tank or should I continue to wait... Btw it's a log so it's thick... It's not floating it sinks right to the bottom it didn't even float the first day I put it in... It's very heavy... It's called Malaysian drift wood... Idk what that means but anyways....
Thanks for any help
Dan

Hey all I had orderd driftwood for my 36 gal tank so my pelco could munch on it.. I got it yesterday and soaked it.. I got back
That night and the water was a light tea color... I dumped the water out and put it back in the bucket last nite... When I looked at it tonight the water is Crystal clear.. Can I add it to my tank or should I continue to wait... Btw it's a log so it's thick... It's not floating it sinks right to the bottom it didn't even float the first day I put it in... It's very heavy... It's called Malaysian drift wood... Idk what that means but anyways....
Thanks for any help
Dan

Good piece of driftwood. All my driftwood is Malaysian. I say your good to go. IME using this dritwood it always sinks the first time. Never had issues with it not. That's one reason I like it and its heavy and looks good.

Ok thanks so much I'll put it in tonight... And yea it looks real good Ill post a pix of it if I put it in tonight it will definitely give my fish a new hiding place. :)

Wow your tanks are amazing.. I hope someday I can have tanks that look as good as those!!!!!!!'

I've had issues with driftwood. In my first tank it turned my tank water a nice orange color. Then I learned I needed to let it soak first and all of that fun stuff. I've let it soak multiple times and it still gets the tea colored water. I have yet to put it into my bigger tank. I'm thinking of throwing it in there, if I have to do a water change every day to keep it looking good so be it. I know my pleco misses his driftwood.

This is my first try for drift wood so I'll see how it goes... How long did u let urs soak

Well I left the driftwood for another night, and the water was tea colored :/ guess I gotta wait a little longer hopefully by Wednesday I can put it in, I have a bunch of stuff coming in so I'll put everything in at the same time..

i have a piece that just fits my 20g can i just soak it in the tank with freshly boiled water or will it stain my tank

Do u mean boil water and poor the water into the tank? If that is so DO NOT DO THAT if your tank is glass it will damage the silicone that keeps the tank from leaking... Although I might have read it wrong... My driftwood actually started leaking tannins after I put it in.... It won't stain the glass if you put it in just do water changes every couple of days.... Otherwise try to get something to soak it in other then the tank of you don't want to do that..

Back
Top Bottom