Feeding female bettas in community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Suzisuzisuzi

Aquarium Advice Newbie
have a small tank with a snail, a cory, 2 female bettas, a swordtail, platy and molly. All fish seem to be doing well. The sword, platy and molly all usually hang together and the two betta girls are inseparable besties. The cory despite not having a school is acting just like other cories I have observed. I test my water regularly and we're doing well (main problem there is hard water where I live) I'm NOT interested in stocking lectures.

My pet store assures me that the betta girls will do just fine on tropical fish food but I am skeptical. Anyone here keep similar species in a community tank? If so what do you feed? If you feed different foods for different fish, what do you do to be sure fish eat the right food?

Used to have similar roughly but more active catfish, not cories. Densely planted.

Nowadays I generally feed good quality pellets (sinking or floating depending on how quick fish are) and sinking wafers. Back then was mainly any old flake food on student budget.

Back
Top Bottom