Few quick questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afurlow96

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone, my tank has finished cycling, was getting 0ppm ammonia and 10-20ppm nitrates, then i went on vacation for 4 days (still did not have fish) and came back to .25ppm ammonia and 0-5ppm nitrates.
I got 5 black skirt tetra and tested the water 2 hours after getting them, ammonia was at 0ppm and nitrates rose to 10ppm, is that all a good sign?
Now i am wondering how often should i do water changes and vacuum? if i remember correctly, do something like 20% water changes every week and vacuum every other week.
Another thing that i have heard is to not add too many fish to a tank in a short period of time. I got 5 black skirt tetra at once because they are schooling fish and enjoy being together or else they will not act normal. I read somewhere else that if a tank is cycled, you can add your fish one day after the next. Im planning on getting some false juli cory catfish and wondering if i should wait a week to get them or just get them tomorrow?

Back
Top Bottom