Filter help??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jenema

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can anyone suggest a almost completely silent filter for a 20 gallon tank? I was going to go with the Tetra Whisper 40i but it's HUGE. I need a smaller internal filter or a very quiet external filter that can filter the water the same, or better than the tetra. Also trying to find as inexpensive as possible with both the filter and replacement cartridges (I know most of the time you get what you pay for).

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I forgot to add that my tank will be planted. And I was looking at the Fluval U3 but I'm not sure how big it is.

Eheim 2010 internal filter completely silent.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have heard people speak well of the SunSun; however, I do not own one and cannot speak on the "quietness". I own 3 Eheim filters and can vouch for their quietness. Maybe a SunSun owner will chime in. :)

2 sun sun running side by side and it's dead silent.. in all honesty. I have a ac 20,30,50,70. Fluval c4, and the 2 sunsuns running in my dining room and I can't hear any if it. It's rather astonishing considering the amount of power being consumed.. my air stone in the water barrel and co2 reactor is the only thing I can selectively listen too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you all for the suggestions. I will look into them!

AquaClears are probably the quietest of the HOBs.

I also run an Eheim Ecco on one of my 10g

My other tanks have HOBs. All are in my bedroom.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AquaClears are probably the quietest of the HOBs.

I also run an Eheim Ecco on one of my 10g

My other tanks have HOBs. All are in my bedroom.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. They are awesome HOBs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom