First tank (freshwater)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KaiDragon

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So first off, I have been continuously researching whenever I have spare time and yes I know about the nitrogen cycle. Do you think this stock list would work in a 54 later tank and if not what would be the minimum size.
:fish2::ROFLMAO:
5 rummy nose tetras
5 green neon tetras
5 pygmy corydoras
3 male Endlers livebearers
1 male honey gourami

I have researched my water and it is fine for these.
Also I am open to fish suggestions and combinations other than my own. Also, if this works what order would you recommend adding them in to the tank and how heavily planted should it be? Any special requirements like more hiding places. I already know about sand substrate for the Corydoras so they don't hurt their barbels.

I'd increase each fish species by one or two and skip the single gourami. I don't like the idea of a "centerpiece" fish. I think fish are much happier with others of their own species around.

so 6 of each tetra species and 6 pygmies and the 3 Endlers would work then! yay! In that case could I add anything else once the tank matures. Also would nerve snails be a good idea because I know tetras with shrimp don't work. Thx for the feedback!

Or is there space for like 8 pygmy dories cause I know they need a lot

I disagree with this stocking. A 15 gallon/54liter aquarium is not enough space for 2 schooling fish. (I have 6 cpds and some shrimp in mine and that is the upper limit imo).

Keep a 7 school and some otos.

Livebearers need different parameters than Tetras so that def would not work

Is that not 60L liters but 60 length?

How many liters / gallons is the tank. I think that is bringing some confusion, not knowing the size to make stocking recommendations.

Back
Top Bottom