Fish choices?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caitlynnanne9189

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Trying to pick fish while my tank cycles and I saw these at the lfs that I like but don't know how well they go with the ones I have already for sure picked.

I want for sure:
1 male dwarf gourami
3/4 cherry barbs

I'm interested in:
Black neon tetra
Red velvet sword tail
Blue coral hi fin variatus
Red and blue Colombian tetra

Is it a 20 high or a 20 long?

Assuming it's a 20 high, then:

The one DG is fine;
Cherry Barbs should be in groups of at least 5, so you could get 5-8 depending on what else you put in;

Black Neon tetra is fine too, a group of at least 6;
Swordtails are ok, they don't need to be in specific group numbers, although they have a large bioload so if you wanted the DG and Cherry Barbs you could only add 2 Swords and you'd be fully stocked;
I believe the Hi Fin Variatus is a High Fin Platy, so those would be OK too, again they don't need a specific number;
The Columbian Tetras are fine too but they need a group of at least 5;

So you fish choices are fine but you couldn't have all of them of course. So for example you could have:

1 DG, 6-8 Cherry Barbs and 6-8 Columbian Tetra OR
1 DG, 6-8 Cherry Barbs and 2 Swordtails OR
1 DG, 6-8 Cherry Barbs and 4 High Fin Platy OR
1 DG, 6-8 Cherry Barbs and 6 Columbian Tetra

What filter do you have on the tank?

I'm not sure of the swimming levels of these fish though, it might be fairly crowded mid-top level with those choices and the bottom might be fairly empty, but maybe someone else can confirm this for sure.

I think my filter is a tetra whisper. It came with the tank so I'm not 100% sure. This is what it looks like now

image-876296924.jpg

Back
Top Bottom