Fish in cycling?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emilygupps

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Don't bite my head off, I had a betta in a 2.5g betta cube for a couple weeks and decided to buy him a new 10g tank. I'm wondering if it's okay to let him move in before it's cycled since he has been living in that 2.5g with 100% water changes every two days any way, so it's not like that tank is cycled either.

It's 10g with a tetra hob 5-10g filter(went under on filtration so he doesn't get blown around) , it will have white sand substrate and several Anubis on suction cups. His betta ball will go with him and we bought a fancy LED light.

No one else is going in for now, maybe later a couple ghosties and a nerite snail. Depending on how he feels about it ;)

How often and how much? Or just base it on the water? How often should I test since it's not cycled?

I'd test daily until you get a good idea of what the system is going to do. You can let the test results dictate the wc schedule, but generally a substantial weekly wc routine is good for the tank even once established.

Sent from Peabody's rabbit hole.

Back
Top Bottom