Fish Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

duaumun

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone!

I got a one gallon tank as a gag gift over Christmas (you can tell i love fish) and i was wondering what you guys would think a suitable fish would be. I was thinking of a betta. I know that you guys might think it is cruel, but i already have a very nice 7 gal fresh water going. I am going to put a plant and a rock shelter in the one gal. Any decent fish suggestions is appreciated.

Ciao

You're right that a gallon isn't the greatest place for a betta, especially because it's so hard to find a heater that fits them.

If your room temperature is decent, I would say go with some of the small shrimp species. Arrange a little planted tank with java moss (very, very easy to make a tiny "forest" of that stuff in a 1g) and you'll have an excellent, active aquarium that can sit on your desk or virtually anywhere else.

Okay guys, how about i fill it half way up with water and arrange a tiny waterfall from the filter. Then i can add an african dwarf frog or ghost shrimp. I'm leaning towards the betta though.

Back
Top Bottom