Fishless cycle pwc help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

k.jonesy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
so i am currently doing a fishless cycle with pure ammonia in my 150L tank. When doing water changes i use my hose because my tank is right near the back door. I add my dechlorinater at the same time as filling the tank with water from the hose. Will using the hose have any negative effects on my cycle? I wonder because i did a pwc of 30% roughly 2 weeks ago and another the other day and today my water results were, ammonia 0.5, nitrite 0.05, nitrate 20. This seems a little odd to me because a week or so ago my nitrites were off the charts as well as my nitrates. (this is why i did the pwc)

ps. i also use seachem stability, if that changes anything.

As long as you add dechlorinator it should be fine. I usually add it before refilling from the hose, but adding it at the same time shouldn't have any negative effects. Is this a fish-in cycle or fishless? If fishless, are you adding ammonia? How much and how often? What's your PH and has it dropped at all? How long have you been cycling?

I've been cycling for almost 3 weeks now. My pH is a nice 7.0 and I am doing a fishless cycle with pure ammonia. Letting it drop to 1.0ppm then dosing back up to 4ppm. It usually drops from 4 to 1 within a few days.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom