Fishless Cycling Help Please!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My harlequin love swimming in the filter outlet :)

I heard this from other places too. Do they really seem like they are playing? I read on one person's post that one of their harlequins would launch itself across the tank, and then go back and do it again. :lol:

That's good news then. I just wish they would swim around more. They seem to only stick to one side of the tank together.

I heard this from other places too. Do they really seem like they are playing? I read on one person's post that one of their harlequins would launch itself across the tank, and then go back and do it again. :lol:

That's good news then. I just wish they would swim around more. They seem to only stick to one side of the tank together.

Yes they look like they are playing haha. Maybe it gives them the feeling they are swimming fast.

Not gonna lie, if I was a fish, I would love speeding through a fast current. :lol: :fish2:

Their colours are amazing too although they do vary slightly. When I say amazing I just mean the intensity not the array. I have some really orange bronze and others more opaque. My fave fish in my tank. They have caused no trouble in my tank with either themselves or others and they are very hardy. I used them to cycle my tank.

Hey guys...

Just want to let you guys know that I AM COMPLETELY CYCLED!!!!!!! :D

I dosed up to 4 ppm of ammonia yesterday around 9pm and checked my ammonia and my nitrites just now. Both 0! Of course my nitrates are high (80+ ppm).

Now I am about to do a water change and adjust my water temperature and add my fishys tomorrow!

I just want to thank everyone that contributed to this post! You guys were great!!

Started cycling: Jan. 11th, 2014
Cycling finished: Feb. 4th, 2014

Hey guys...

I dosed up to 4 ppm of ammonia yesterday around 9pm and checked my ammonia and my nitrites just now. Both 0! Of course my nitrates are high (80+ ppm).

Now I am about to do a water change and adjust my water temperature and add my fishys tomorrow!

I just want to thank everyone that contributed to this post! You guys were great!!

That's great to hear! I finished my cycle as well and bought 3 Harlequin Rosbaras the other day and am enjoying finally seeing some life in my tank!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey guys...

Right on jj. Way to go. Post pics of your fish when you get them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's awesome Manic. Yeah can't wait till I get some Harlequin Rasboras. So excited!!

Will definitely do xsryman! Thanks for all your help! :thanks:

Here is my tank with fishies!

Unfortunately, 4 of my neon tetras and 1 of my harlequin rasbora didn't make it. But other than that here it is! :dance:

Attachments

• 2014-02-07 13.32.33.jpg
    2014-02-07 13.32.33.jpg
    436.8 KB · Views: 42
Back
Top Bottom